Tuesday, October 16, 2007

The Kids are in Charge

No matter how much I plan and try to control my world, I just have to learn that I'm not the one in charge - my kids are. I had great plans of getting my errands run today, but due to a series of events out of my control, I'm sitting here typing on this blog instead of out running errands. Makayla was a great help this morning - cleaning up the mess that my angel Clara made, but then when I was creating a slide show for my blog, she kept coming in and wanted to see it. It didn't matter that I wasn't able to show it to her at that exact moment because I was still creating it, or that she really needed to get her shoes and socks on so she could go to school, or even eat lunch, she wanted to see it NOW! OK, she is finally on track, but then Clara's bus driver calls and says she is going to be late. Since loading Clara's wheelchair into my van isn't something that makes my day (especially since I'd have to take out that pesky captains chair today first), I guess I have to just wait for her. That seriously cuts into my errand time that is already strapped. So I get back from taking Makayla to the bus, set Holden on the floor, finish up what I was doing, and go back to check on Holden, and he is dead asleep. Mind you, I tried to put him down for a nap this morning, and he screamed like I was torturing him. (I am not ready for a 1 nap a day baby yet!) I have to pick Makayla up at school today since I have a meeting with her teacher at 3:45 (the exact time that her bus WOULD be dropping her off), more time cut off my already stressed errand time. So here I am sitting at my computer typing away when I am all ready to head out. Oh well. I guess I can clip and sort my coupons that I got on Sunday. That way I'll be even more ready to go out tomorrow afternoon!

2 comments:

kstrack said...

I hate days like that! My whole weekend felt that way. Have fun tomorrow!

Emily Call said...

I have way too many days like that! Good luck! :)